Rats are tender, sensitive little creatures who can be friendly and loving pets. It seems to be a very intelligent animal with a lot of spontaneity and can escape out from any place within no time. Hence their habitat should be highly secured and hygienic. To ensure your little friend stays healthy and comfortable, it is essential to choose the right bedding. With many options available in the market the most reliable rat bedding reviews would help to get your pet the best environment. To know more about how to take care of your pet, you can visit www.paw-talk.net.
Usually, rats are kept in cages made of wire with a solid base. These cages should be kept in properly ventilated place and should be cleaned multiple times a week, to ensure cleanliness and sound health of your pet. To make the base cushiony and comfortable appropriate bedding should be placed. There are various options for the bedding available in the market. Let’s look into each of them elaborately to decide the best one for your steward little.
List of preferred material for the bedding are:
1. Bedding made of shredded pieces of paper: These are a cheaper and good option. But a special care should be taken to replace the bedding frequently to avoid infections. In case printed papers are used, we should see that there is no toxic secretion from the ink which can cause respiratory issues for your pet.
2. Aspens: This is a type of hardwood, has effective absorption tendency and easy to clean from the cage.
3. Pellets: Manufactured from recycled newspaper, these are one of the most commonly used beddings but has a limitation that it turns into dust once wet and dried so little difficult to clean.
4. Paper pulp: These are one of the favorites among the little rats, but has a very strong unpleasant odor on getting wet.
5. Cloth: This is a traditionally used material for the bedding for your pet. Old clothes, fleece, and rugs are good options. But we should ensure that there are no loose strings of cloth since your pet can entangle in it and hurt itself. Appropriate detergent should be used which has a pleasant odor and does not cause any allergy to the inhabitants.
Some material should be completely avoided to be used for preparing the bedding in the cage. Cedar and Pine Wood should not be used since it contains phenols which affect the liver of the little one and can cause serious ailments. In case the rat litters in the bedding, this component in the wood combines with the litter components and generate a very strong unpleasant smell which adversely affects the respiratory tract of the animal. Corn Cob Beddings get rotten when wet and provide a breeding ground for dangerous bacteria which can risk the health of the rat. In case these materials are used, we should take special care to changing the bedding frequently and maintain hygiene in the cage environment.
There are some very famous brands in the market like Eco -bedding, Yesterday's News, Care Fresh etc. After studying the body reaction and performance of your pet one can make the correct choice of bedding for the little one.